Two round of matches have been completed after the La Liga resumed from it’s usual mid-season winter break and the order of the goal charts doesn’t have much difference. As it stands Messi, Falcao and Ronaldo has been the top of La Liga goal scorers chart while the likes of Ex-Arsenal forward Carlos Vela and Higuain have creeped up a place or two.
1. Lionel Messi – 29
– Despite his side suffering their first league loss of the season last Saturday, Lionel Messi opened the scoring against La Real – further adding to his tally and in turn becoming one of only three Barca players in the club’s history to have scored in 10 consecutive league games. When will the little Argentine stop ?
2. Falcao -18
– While it is clear that Falcao will stay at Atletico Madrid until at-least the end of the current campaign It may be a little while longer until he adds to his tally after pulling up in Sunday’s game with a hamstring strain. The good news is it’s not as bad as it was initially thought to be. However Falcao is ahead of Ronaldo by a goal.
3. Cristiano Ronaldo – 18
– Looking as hungry as ever with his brace in Sunday’s 5-0 demolition of Valencia. The two goals help Ronaldo make up for some lost pace.
4. Aduriz -11
– The in-form forward will have a chance to add to his total when Athletic take on Betis this evening.
5. Soldado – 11
– The Soldier also picked up an injury at the weekend. The Spaniard is suffering from a strain to his quadriceps, so we will see how long it stops him scoring for. Valencia hosts Madrid on Wednesday needing to overcome a 2-0 loss in the opening leg to reach the Copa del Rey semifinals and Soldado will miss the all important game much to the releif of Jose Mourinho.
6. Francisco Medina Luna (aka) Piti – 9
– Along with Leo Baptistao, Piti has been one of Rayo’s star players this season. Sadly, his side fell 2-0 to Granada on Saturday.
7. Óscar – 9
– Scored the second in Valladolid’s 2-0 win over Zaragoza yesterday. His fine form has played a big part in his side’s impressive run this campaign.
8. Higuaín – 8
– Opened the scoring in Los Blancos 5-0 win over Los Che yesterday. Could have or should have had another if he had managed to convert his first chance too!
9. Carlos Vela
– Opting for Real Sociedad was the right decision for the Mexican. He’s been looking sharp and was a part of the team that beat Barcelona at the weekend – setting up his side’s first for the comeback against the leaders.