After a fair result against Liverpool at Anfield couple of nights back, the blue side of London will be welcoming the newly crowned champions of England, Leicester City with a guard of honour.
At Anfield, Eden Hazard opened the scoring for the side with a sensational solo goal for which, Liverpool had no answers. The hosts managed to score the equalizer very late in the game through Benteke and both the sides settled with a point in hand. On the other hand, Leicester City continued their fantastic run of form as Ranieri’s men defeated Everton by a comfortable score line of two goals to one.
This will be the very last fixture of this season’s premier league and therefore, both the teams will be looking to end the term with a positive result. The last six results of both the clubs clearly support the champions as they won 4 of their last 6 games and have lost none. Chelsea on the other hand, has won just 1 of their last 6 games and have lost 3.
Chelsea vs Leicester City Team News-
Leicester will be without their defender Robert Huth, who is still serving a three-match suspension for violent conduct in the 1-1 draw with Manchester United.
The Foxes will welcome back Danny Drinkwater, who missed the team’s last game through suspension.
For the hosts, Diego Costa and Branislav Ivanovic will be missing through injuries.
John Terry will also be absent as he is serving a ban following his red card against Sunderland.
The club is still having a doubt over Courtois illness.
Azpilicueta; Cahill; Mikel; Baba
Willian; Pedro; Hazard
Simpson; Wasilewski; Morgan; Fuchs
Mahrez; Drinkwater; Kante; Albrighton
- Chelsea had won six straight league games against Leicester City before the Foxes’ 2-1 win back in December.
- Leicester City have lost just two of their last 21 Barclays Premier League away games (W13 D6 L2).
- The Foxes will end the season with the most points away from home in the Premier League this season (38 currently).
- The Foxes have played seven away matches on the final day of a Premier League campaign, winning just one (W1 D1 L5).
- The Blues have gone 11 Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge without a clean sheet.
- Leicester have equalled the record for penalties won in a single Premier League season (13), set by Crystal Palace in 2004-05.
- Chelsea have played at home on the final day more than any other team in Premier League history (15 times W11 D2 L2).
- Claudio Ranieri can register his 100th Premier League win in this game (W99 D48 L36), thus becoming the 18th manager to hit that milestone in the competition.
Leicester this season have mostly used a traditional 4-4-2 formation in which Kante usually supports the back four and due to this, Danny Drinkwater is allowed much space in the middle of the park. With Kante going back at times, Leicester City’s full backs take a clever forward run and usually crosses the ball early. With Mahrez at support, Simpson always has room for the attacking runs and that is the place where Chelsea’s defence will have to work more.
Chelsea on the other hand, have been relying mostly on the counter attacks, and with Huth missing the fixture, the blues will have a relative advantage of the situation. Willian and hazard will have a tough time, but if worked cleverly, they both can cause a serious threat with their pace.
As mentioned earlier, the game will be the last fixture of this season’s premier league and both the sides will be working hard to get a positive result. The game will surely be an interesting one, but I’m pretty sure, Leicester will manage to get a win out of this one because Chelsea are still struggling to find motivation to win big games this season.