Latest Southampton News, Opinions and Predicted line-ups
Southampton F.C. is a professional football club based in Southampton, Hampshire, England. The club as founded in 1885 and initially played at The Dell before moving to the St. Mary’s stadium in 2001.
Their nickname is “The Saints” and they current ply their trade in the Premier League, England’s top tier. Southampton is known for their reputed scouting team over the last few years.
Their current highest shareholder is Gao Jisheng who holds 80% of the shares with the other 20% held by Katharina Liebherr. Southampton’s Chairman is the esteemed Ralph Krueger.
The Saints have won one FA Cup once, in 1976, and their highest ever league finish was second in the First Division in 1983-84. The Saints were relegated from the Premier League in 2005, ending a run of 27 successive seasons in the top tier. But they soon returned after a seven-year absence.
Southampton’s all time leading goal scorer is Mick Channon with 228 goals. Terry Paine holds the record for the most number of appearances which stands at 815.
Check out our page to know all the latest Southampton News