3 Premier League players Wolves could sign for free in the Summer including this Crystal Palace duo

Yohan Cabaye

Three Premier League Players Wolves Could Sign For Free In The Summer

Wolves are not short of money. The Chinese ownership group have so far backed their manager Nuno Espirito Santo and will likely do so again in the summer. However, there are always several balls in the air relating to signings, and sometimes picking a player up when he gets to the end of his contract may be a much cheaper and more effective way of getting the best value in the market.

If, or more likely when, Wolves make it to the promised land, they will want to make a statement with some marquee signings like they did with Neves and Cavaleiro this season. But they may also be looking to bring in some low key players who have just got to the end of their contracts, and in that case what are their options?

Yohan Cabaye

The 32-year-old Crystal Palace player has made 23 appearances this season and has been an important element in getting Crystal Palace back up the table. However, he is not getting any younger and the Palace board will be looking to bring in someone to take them to the next level.

However, for Wolves, he would add more slick passing to a midfield already full of quality and some much needed Premier League experience without compromising on quality. To pick Cabaye up for free would be an excellent piece of business for the West Midlands side.

Scott Arfield

The Burnley attacking midfielder is out of contract at the end of the season and could bring some direct running and excellent delivery to the Wolves team. Arfield has been working well under Sean Dyche and is a busy player in the style of a few of Wolves’ current squad.

However, Arfield will bring a history of Premier League goals and experience of being the underdog in a bigger league. Wolves players have been used to playing with 70% possession, whereas Scott Arfield knows he has to do the best he can with the remaining 30%.

Bakary Sako

The Crystal Palace forward is currently injured but he has never managed to get a full run in the side even when he was fit, and he certainly has some quality in front of goal that could be used by Wolves. He is a complete forward with an ability to score goals and also he links up play and tracks back, which is a style that Nuno Espirito Santo values highly. If available for free, it would make perfect sense to add a player like Sako to the Wolves squad.

Loading...

Written by Ben Mepsted

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

With the core squad ready to achieve big things, Rangers are set to challenge Celtic for the Scottish title

Why the signing of £4.5m ex-Middlesbrough star would work wonders for Leeds on the long-term